Team preview: Cal State Northridge
Blue Ribbon Illustrated previews the 2005-06 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: ESPN Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams. To order the complete 25th anniversary edition of Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, visit www.blueribbonyearbook.com or call 1-866-805-BALL (2255).
(Information in this team report is as of October 1.)
Coaches love to talk about senior leadership, and last season, Cal State Northridge had it in abundance.
Of course, the problem with seniors is that they must move on, which is why this season, the Matadors' roster includes a grand total of one senior.
Not that the lack of seniors -- nor the fact that among the departed were his three leading scorers -- has dampened the enthusiasm of coach Bobby Braswell one bit. Never mind that Ian Boylan, Joe Frazier and Davin White averaged a combined 39.7 points per game, almost 60 percent of the team's scoring. Braswell is all but dancing on his desk over the thought of his young but experienced returnees and a couple of gifted transfers he thinks are on the verge of a breakout season.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Parker's career-high 30 lead Duke by UNC
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- WVU overcomes Wiggins' 41 to stun Kansas
- Ducks down No. 3 Arizona to win 7th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM