Sophs, juniors are now the experienced players
Seniors have been replaced by sophs and juniors as experienced leaders, but it still helps to have them, writes Jay Bilas.
Seniors set the tone and the agenda. Freshmen carried the bags, kept their mouths shut and learned. The special freshmen could crack the starting lineup, and the truly special first-year players could crack an all-conference team, but all-star-caliber players were rare.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA files intent to appeal O'Bannon decision
- UConn agrees to play Arizona, Ohio State
- Beavers' Baker in ICU; required defibrillator
- Lawsuit: Tulsa failed to protect woman from player
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Ohio State Buckeyes Basketball Performance White Polo