Sophs, juniors are now the experienced players
Seniors have been replaced by sophs and juniors as experienced leaders, but it still helps to have them, writes Jay Bilas.
Seniors set the tone and the agenda. Freshmen carried the bags, kept their mouths shut and learned. The special freshmen could crack the starting lineup, and the truly special first-year players could crack an all-conference team, but all-star-caliber players were rare.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Selection committee to monitor Embiid injury
- Mount St. Mary's (16-16) clinches NCAA bid
- Milwaukee wins Horizon title to reach tourney
- UNC Wilmington fires Peterson after 4 seasons
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- J. America Men's Ohio State Buckeyes Scarlet Basketball Performance T-Shirt