Sophs, juniors are now the experienced players
Seniors have been replaced by sophs and juniors as experienced leaders, but it still helps to have them, writes Jay Bilas.
Seniors set the tone and the agenda. Freshmen carried the bags, kept their mouths shut and learned. The special freshmen could crack the starting lineup, and the truly special first-year players could crack an all-conference team, but all-star-caliber players were rare.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Top Cats: Zona is new No. 1; Syracuse 2nd
- UF guards Wilbekin, Hill to play vs. Kansas
- Ducks overcome Henderson, Ole Miss in OT
- No. 24 San Diego St. rallies by Washington
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Ohio State Buckeyes Scarlet #4 Basketball Jersey