Sophs, juniors are now the experienced players
Seniors have been replaced by sophs and juniors as experienced leaders, but it still helps to have them, writes Jay Bilas.
Seniors set the tone and the agenda. Freshmen carried the bags, kept their mouths shut and learned. The special freshmen could crack the starting lineup, and the truly special first-year players could crack an all-conference team, but all-star-caliber players were rare.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Pauley Pavilion court flooded as main breaks
- Kentucky great 'Wah Wah' Jones dies at 88
- UAB grants All-C-USA PG Frazier his release
- Vols PG Lopez to miss season with torn ACL
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- J. America Men's Ohio State Buckeyes Heathered Grey Basketball Vintage Dyed T-Shirt