Trouble looms for Michigan State
The Spartans and St. John's could have a tough time making the field
The Michigan State Spartans are struggling. Seriously struggling. They've lost four of their past seven games and needed overtime to collect their past three wins all at home.
Given head coach Tom Izzo's recent success in shaping his team throughout a season, few doubt his March magic. But it's starting to look as though the March maestro might not even get a chance to wave his wand in the NCAA tournament. Unlike the past few seasons, the Spartans' road ahead may lead to the NIT rather than the Final Four.
To read more about the tournament fates of Michigan State and St. John's, including which of these two bubble teams has an edge over the other, become an ESPN Insider today.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Xavier completes sweep of No. 21 G'town
- Oklahoma State takes down No. 20 Baylor
- UW dismisses Upshaw for violating team rules
- Unbeatens Kentucky, Virginia still atop AP poll
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Michigan State Spartans 'that Spartan Life' Green T-shirt