Khris Middleton's star is on the rise
Kansas is still the class of the Big 12, but sophomore has A&M close behind
In wrapping up our detailed look at each of the "big six" conferences, Fran Fraschilla tackles the final group with the Big 12 power rankings. Things have changed a bit since Insider's experts last examined the conference, as you can see from Doug Gottlieb's earlier intra-conference power rankings, which you can find here.
1. Kansas Jayhawks (17-0 overall, 2-0 in Big 12)
Marcus Morris is having an All-American season for the Jayhawks, averaging 24 points and 11 rebounds over the past three games, and is deserving of all the attention he's received. However, it's his younger twin, Markieff Morris, who continues to do the dirty work for Bill Self's club. He leads the Big 12 with seven double-doubles.
To read Fran Fraschilla's full Big 12 rankings, you must be an ESPN Insider.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Stony Brook rallies to top No. 13 Washington
- No. 1 Wildcats use D to fend off No. 4 L'ville
- Fisher: Polee collapsed in practice last year
- Seton Hall loses Whitehead to stress fracture