Behind the Bracket: The Mild West
Reports of the Pac-10's demise have been exaggerated -- barely
There will be considerable hand-wringing Monday about the Pac-10's showing up with only one team in the field. While this is certainly notable -- as well as unprecedented for a BCS conference in the 64/65-team era -- I believe it is highly unlikely to remain this dire for the league. Consider the perfect storm of events required for Monday's outcome:
To see why Joe Lunardi believes the Pac-10 will grab more than one bid, find out how UCLA could do irreparable damage to the conference's potential tournament teams and read how Tennessee's win over Kansas has helped the SEC recover, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Parker's career-high 30 lead Duke by UNC
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- WVU overcomes Wiggins' 41 to stun Kansas
- Ducks down No. 3 Arizona to win 7th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Arizona Wildcats Full-Size Crossover Basketball