Wanna ball? The Trojans are giving pretty much anyone a shot
This article appears in the Nov 30 issue of ESPN The Magazine.
The fall of ancient Troy was caused by soldiers stuffed inside a wooden horse. The fall of the USC Trojans' basketball team was allegedly caused by Benjamins stuffed inside a paper envelope. We can't say what opportunities were available in Troy in the aftermath, but we do know there's never been a better time to be a walk-on in La-La Land.
To read more about USC's difficult rebuilding process, you must be an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- UCSB fan confronts Hawaii coach, arrested
- No. 6 Villanova seals Big East title with win
- Appling-led Spartans hit on all cylinders in win
- Kilpatrick's 34 pace Cincinnati by Memphis
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's USC Trojans Cardinal Basketball Practice Performance T-Shirt