Inside the Bracket: Top seed for OU?
Originally Published: January 23, 2009By Mike Hume | ESPN Insider
- After producing last year's national champion and six NCAA Tournament teams, the Big 12 has been largely overlooked this season. But while the best-conference debate rages on between the Big East and ACC, and headline-grabbing upsets keep the surprising Big 10 in focus, the Big 12 warrants attention -- particularly since three of its teams have winning percentages of .667 or better against the RPI Top 50. Texas (4-2) and Kansas (5-2) are both topped by Oklahoma (7-0), and the Sooners will have the opportunity to improve upon that tonight (ESPN, 9 ET) at Oklahoma State (RPI 26).[+] EnlargeNick Laham/Getty ImagesBlake Griffin's Sooners have positioned themselves for a top seed.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Harvard snags 1st spot in NCAA tourney field
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Duke's Parker hasn't decided on NBA draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com