How to pick the all-important toss-up games in your bracket
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Florida, Zona, Wichita, UVa get No. 1 seeds
- Iowa coach's son having surgery before game
- Gators, No. 1s top poll heading into tourney
- Virginia Tech fires Johnson after 9-22 season
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Peter Tiernan has been analyzing the NCAA tournament for 18 years. He'll be breaking down past tournament trends and what to expect in the future, including strategies for how to pick your bracket champion.
• March 19: Will "low-risk strategy" benefit UNC?
• March 19: "Medium-risk strategy" favors Kansas?
• March 18: Who wins with a "high-risk strategy"?
• March 18: Picking with a "dangerous strategy"
• March 17: Serving up the upset specials
• March 15: Seed-by-seed matchups
• March 12: Best rules for filling out your bracket
• March 6: Predictive factors in the tourney
• March 4: Tips for all your toss-up picks
• Feb. 28: Desperately seeking Cinderella
• Feb. 26: Tournament stats that matter
• Feb. 19: Possession-based stats
• Feb. 12: Pick an NCAA champ
• Feb. 7: Top tourney trends
• Feb. 5: Gauging the 'Mad-O-Meter'
• Jan. 31: Best coaches in the NCAA tournament
• Jan. 29: Top tourney teams
• Jan. 24: Top tourney conferences
• Bracket Building 101