Team preview: Morehead State
Blue Ribbon Yearbook previews the 2006-07 college basketball season, exclusively on Insider.
- Editor's Note: ESPN Insider has teamed with Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook to provide a comprehensive look at all 326 Division I teams. To order the complete 2006-07 edition of Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook, visit www.blueribbonyearbook.com or call 1-866-805-BALL (2255).
(Information in this team report is as of October 1.)COACH AND PROGRAM
Morehead State's program has nowhere to go but up, and coach Donnie Tyndall thinks he is the man that can orchestrate the Eagles' eventual ascent into contention in the OVC.
"The whole culture has to change," Tyndall said. "We have to put a different mindset into this program. It will take some time, but we're starting to do it now."
One of the nation's worst teams last year, Morehead suffered a humiliating 68-point loss at Connecticut, a 52-point defeat at OVC kingpin Murray State and several other 20-point losses in league play.
True to his promise to "change the culture," Tyndall wasted little time trying to upgrade the talent level after he was hired to replace Kyle Macy. Tyndall, a former Morehead letterman who developed a reputation as an excellent recruiter as an assistant at Idaho, LSU and Middle Tennessee, cleaned house and brought in eight new scholarship players.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Harvard rolls, gets first NCAA tourney berth
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Duke's Parker hasn't decided on NBA draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM