ACC, Big East and Pac-10 look to be very strong
Originally Published: January 7, 2008By Joe Lunardi | Special to ESPN.com
- In honor of tonight's BCS title game, I gave serious consideration to abandoning bracket projections altogether and simply nominating two teams to play for the NCAA championship. The number of days between now and the NCAA Tournament is actually less than the amount of time Ohio State has been off the football field. Seriously I also consider the first Monday in January the "official" beginning of Bracketology season. These projections, while in no way final, give a pretty good indication of the state of the land at the end of the nonconference schedule. There are significant non-league games still to come, of course, but the vast majority of what we'll see the rest of the way is head-to-head conference action.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Parker's career-high 30 lead Duke by UNC
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- WVU overcomes Wiggins' 41 to stun Kansas
- Ducks down No. 3 Arizona to win 7th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com