Hard to look past Gators' run
- Tom Brady or Peyton Manning? Filet mignon or New York strip? Sam Adams or Corona? Sometimes the hardest choices are the ones with no bad outcomes.
And so it is with our "best of the best" lists. Today's topic: the top individual teams of the last 10 years. Unlike Monday's focus -- top programs of the past decade, in which only two schools finished among "others receiving votes" -- I'm sure you'll see considerably less consensus among the experts in this category.
The primary reason, of course, is that it's much easier to come to agreement over a larger sample size than a smaller one. No reasonable person would dispute that the Yankees are the top major league baseball franchise of all time, yet any number of individual teams could eclipse the Bronx Bombers in a given season.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Embiid (back) could be out until mid-NCAAs
- Delaware clinches 1st NCAA bid since 1999
- Manhattan wins MAAC, punches NCAA ticket
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Top 10 in the Last 10
ESPN.com's college basketball experts weigh in on college basketball over the last 10 years.
• Top 10 programs | Ballots
• Katz: Spartans take top spot
• Best individual teams | Ballots
• Lunardi: Hard to ignore UF
• Underrated programs | Ballots
• Bilas: Nice to be underrated
• The 10 underachievers | Ballots
• Gottlieb: Why they struggle
• 10 primed for success | Ballots
• Forde: Florida's primed for more
• SN: Rank the top programs
• SN: Rank the top seasons
• SN: Rank the underappreciated
• SN: Rank the underachieving
• SN: Rank the future kings