Hard to look past Gators' run
And so it is with our "best of the best" lists. Today's topic: the top individual teams of the last 10 years. Unlike Monday's focus -- top programs of the past decade, in which only two schools finished among "others receiving votes" -- I'm sure you'll see considerably less consensus among the experts in this category.
The primary reason, of course, is that it's much easier to come to agreement over a larger sample size than a smaller one. No reasonable person would dispute that the Yankees are the top major league baseball franchise of all time, yet any number of individual teams could eclipse the Bronx Bombers in a given season.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
Top 10 in the Last 10
ESPN.com's college basketball experts weigh in on college basketball over the last 10 years.
• Top 10 programs | Ballots
• Katz: Spartans take top spot
• Best individual teams | Ballots
• Lunardi: Hard to ignore UF
• Underrated programs | Ballots
• Bilas: Nice to be underrated
• The 10 underachievers | Ballots
• Gottlieb: Why they struggle
• 10 primed for success | Ballots
• Forde: Florida's primed for more
• SN: Rank the top programs
• SN: Rank the top seasons
• SN: Rank the underappreciated
• SN: Rank the underachieving
• SN: Rank the future kings