Sampson's second phone violation was just flat-out dumb
Originally Published: October 16, 2007By Fran Fraschilla | Special to ESPN Insider
Kelvin Sampson is a friend, and hopefully, he'll remain a friend after he reads this. But for him to get involved in a recruiting phone call controversy at Indiana -- this one coming only one year after his former employer, Oklahoma, received crippling NCAA sanctions -- was just flat-out dumb.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Wilbekin, Florida hold on to topple Kansas
- UK bounces back to shut down Boise State
- Gonzaga rallies vs. WVU to win 5th straight
- Top Cats: Zona is new No. 1; Syracuse 2nd
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Indiana Hoosiers Crimson 'Best Pants' T-Shirt