Sampson's second phone violation was just flat-out dumb
Originally Published: October 16, 2007By Fran Fraschilla | Special to ESPN Insider
- Kelvin Sampson is a friend, and hopefully, he'll remain a friend after he reads this. But for him to get involved in a recruiting phone call controversy at Indiana -- this one coming only one year after his former employer, Oklahoma, received crippling NCAA sanctions -- was just flat-out dumb.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Self 'confident' Embiid will play despite back
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Indiana Hoosiers Crimson On-Court Practice T-Shirt
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com