Sutton only came back to protect son
Eddie Sutton's concern for the start of his son's career at Oklahoma State put him in position to go out like this.
Originally Published: February 16, 2006By Fran Fraschilla | Special to ESPN Insider
- Regardless of how this ends, it didn't have to be like this for Eddie Sutton. The sad and ironic part of his decision to take a medical leave of absence to deal with alcohol-related issues is that he probably could have walked into the sunset of a great career when his seven seniors graduated a year ago.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Florida, Wichita St. remain 1-2; UK falls out
- Self 'confident' Embiid will play despite back
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com