Gonzaga flying under the radar
Since 1999, Gonzaga has rarely been out of the spotlight, and rarely overlooked. The Zags have become a "storm the court" game for West Coast Conference opponents, and that carries responsibility. Gonzaga has to be prepared for a fight every single game, no matter the opponent, and there is never a time when Gonzaga can sneak up on anyone. This year, after beating North Carolina, Washington and Texas, Gonzaga had a murderous schedule that the NBA would have frowned upon, taking on all comers away from home. Losses against Washington State, Nevada, Georgia, Virginia and Duke caused voters to tumble the Zags out of the Top 25 and into basketball obscurity.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Selection committee to monitor Embiid injury
- NCAA: No "Sic 'Em Bears" jerseys for Baylor
- Mount St. Mary's (16-16) clinches NCAA bid
- Zags hold off BYU comeback, win WCC title
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Men's Arizona Wildcats Cardinal 'Zona Zoo' Basketball T-Shirt