Improvements beginning to appear
• Big improvement: One of the most improved big men in the country has to be Kentucky's Randolph Morris. The junior, who declared for the NBA draft last year and went undrafted, has been really consistent at a high level. Morris is averaging 17 points per game and 8 rebounds, and shoots 61 percent from the floor while facing even more defensive attention. Morris has had only a couple of rough outings, against Louisville and against Memphis in Maui. It will never happen, but Morris is an NBA free agent right now. Because he went through the draft and went undrafted, he was permitted to return to school. If an NBA team wanted him, it could sign him in the middle of the college season. The NBA would never do that, because the backlash would be immense, but if a player in Morris' situation were to blow up and become a great prospect, it would be tough to lay off of him.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Kaminsky guides Wisconsin to Atlantis title
- No. 10 Gonzaga tops St. John's in title game
- Ellis, No. 11 Kansas survive scare from Vols
- UNC cruises vs. Florida in consolation game