Michigan State improving as holes get filled
Updated: December 24, 2006, 5:27 PM ETBy Jay Bilas | ESPN.com
Michigan State does not have its best team under coach Tom Izzo, but the Spartans are good, and getting better. After losing NBA draft picks Maurice Ager, Paul Davis and underclassman Shannon Brown, then having football star Matt Trannon decide not to play basketball this year, Michigan State had a big void in toughness and experience going into this year. Part of the void has been filled by freshman Raymar Morgan, who is talented enough to play anywhere and was one of the top freshmen in the country until he went out briefly with an injury.
AP Photo/David J. PhillipMichigan State coach Tom Izzo has been able to fill many holes this season.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Workers trying to save buckling UCLA court
- Giving back: Hill donates $1.25M to Duke
- Ex-PC starter Fortune heading to Colorado
- Mayo leaves Marquette, pursues pro career
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Men's Michigan State Spartans Green Tournament Basketball T-Shirt