All-Access: Red Raiders should be much improved
Don't expect that this season. Knight likes the pieces he has this year and likes his team. Of course, Texas Tech had yet to play a game when I was in Lubbock for my All-Access feature, but it was evident that the Red Raiders would be a much better team in 2007.
Texas Tech will be much better defensively, and will be able to play at a much faster tempo in 2007. The Red Raiders have the ability to get out and pressure, and can be disruptive with their quickness and athleticism at the guard spots. There is much greater depth at every position this season, and there is bounce in the step of the players. Tech's practices are much more competitive, which will make for a much better team.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- NCAA president: Pay-for-play isn't coming
- NCAA may work with power 5 conferences
- No. 1 Arizona runs over New Mexico State
- Former Hoya Whittington intends to transfer
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Thursday, Nov. 9
• Katz: Knight's done it his way
• Knight Watch: The Road to 880
• 1-on-1: Part 1 | Part 2
• Katz: JTIII filling dad's shoes
• Bilas' All-Access: G'town
• Katz: Bozeman's back | OTL
• Experts: Coaches to watch