You could see these teams breaking into the polls
- These teams may not start the season in the Top 25, but don't be surprised to see them crack the charts during the season. These teams have the potential to surprise, at different levels, during the season.
Texas Tech: Bob Knight's Red Raiders suffered through a year of youthful growing pains, but he returns a solid backcourt in Jarrius Jackson and Martin Zeno. Jackson excels in the open floor and, in my book, ranks among the best guards in the nation this year. Expect Texas Tech to be a tough out in 2007.
Maryland: Only the unexpected loss of Chris McCray at midseason last year kept the Terps out of the NCAA Tournament. D.J. Strawberry and Ekene Ibekwe came to their senses and returned for this season, and Mike Jones and James Gist have experience and talent. With some steady point guard play, Maryland could be good.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Self 'confident' Embiid will play despite back
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
- Nebraska upsets ninth-ranked Wisconsin
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM