DePaul waiting on Virginia's next move
Dave Leitao has five years remaining on his contract at DePaul, but he's considering a move to Virginia.
DePaul coach Dave Leitao met with his staff Monday and discussed the Virginia opening for the first time since he met with Cavaliers athletic director Craig Littlepage on Friday.
A source close to the DePaul staff told ESPN.com that Leitao told his staff if he is offered the job and if there is enough support for the program to be successful and a lucrative financial package is offered he will accept it. Leitao, who has five years remaining on his contract, does have a buyout at DePaul, but it apparently is not as high as the reported $3 million figure.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Iowa St. rallies to beat Baylor for Big 12 title
- Providence beats Creighton to win Big East
- No. 1 Florida wears down Tenn., in SEC final
- Louisville takes first AAC final, tops UConn
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- JanSport Men's Virginia Cavaliers Orange Basketball T-Shirt