Early-season play should be sharper
Originally Published: September 28, 2005By Fran Fraschilla | Special to ESPN Insider
- If I were coaching today, I would love the new NCAA rule which permits coaches to hold practices with their entire teams for a maximum of two hours a week in the offseason. I am in favor of anything that improves the quality of play in college basketball. I believe there has been a downturn in quality now for some time -- not just in the fundamentals of the game at the college level, but in many aspects of team play as well.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Smart one: Iowa State fans do mass flop
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- Harvard snags 1st spot in NCAA tourney field
- Wichita St. routs Evansville, improves to 32-0
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com