Cincy, Cleveland Power Ohio Offense
- Year in and year out, the great state of Ohio has proved to be a hunting ground for Big Ten and Big East schools to feed on. From metro Cleveland all the way down to the Cincinnati area, Ohio has been on par with some of the best high school football competition anywhere in the country. Cincinnati's Moeller High School, Cleveland's Glenville High School -- alma mater of Ted Ginn Jr. -- and Cincinnati's Colerain High School are just a few of the big schools fans probably have heard of already.
It used to be that Ohio State put a fence around the state of Ohio and would then recruit the rest of the Midwest, going on to snag some top players out of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Pennsylvania. But now schools like Michigan, Purdue and Wisconsin routinely pick up a few prospects out of the Buckeye State, as well. When it is all said and done, though, the majority of the top prospects in the state usually end up in silver and red. Out of Ohio State's seven commitments to this point, six are from Ohio.
In the first segment of our two-part Ohio breakdown, we will be taking a look at the top offensive players in the state of Ohio. We will follow up with the top defensive players later in the week.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- UCSB fan confronts Hawaii coach, arrested
- Spurs breeze past Heat with Duncan in form
- LeBron says sleeved jersey partly to blame
- Manziel inks endorsement contract with Nike
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM