Adidas Jr. Phenom camp gets early look at talent
- A number of years ago, a coach for a major college program conducted a basketball camp for members of the United States Armed Forces, when a 6-foot-8 player who couldn't dunk approached the coach for advice on increasing his vertical leap.
The coach, mistaking the player for an adult soldier, told the player he would probably never dunk the ball if he cannot do it by now. The player looked the coach in the eye and told him he was only 12-years old.
The coach was former LSU coach Dale Brown and the player, Shaquille O'Neal, went on to develop into the most devastating combination of size, strength and agility of this generation.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley collapses, game postponed
- Sources: If no trade, Bucs likely to cut Revis
- Griffin pours in 37 as Clips take 8th in row
- Jets release Holmes, create more cap space
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM