Mallett, Galippo impressive in morning session
- SAN ANTONIO -- Joe McKnight (River Ridge, La./John Curtis) erased any doubt about whether he deserves to be the No. 1 prospect in the ESPN 150 on the first play of the intra-squad scrimmage Wednesday morning, ripping off a 40-yard run on a draw up the middle.
Here's what we saw from the rest of the West team's morning session:Stock up
• QB Ryan Mallett (Texarkana, Texas/Texas) is as good as advertised, if not better, in terms of arm strength. He can put the ball anywhere on the field with tremendous velocity, so much so that receivers here have struggled to catch any pass beyond 15 yards. He needs to take some speed off the ball at times and develop some touch. Considering his arm strength, we're still a bit concerned that his deep ball hangs in the air unnecessarily, though that easily can be corrected.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Sources: Johnson to Bucs on massive deal
- Stars' Peverley collapses, game postponed
- Sources: If no trade, Bucs likely to cut Revis
- Still kicking: Vinatieri agrees to Colts return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
U.S. ARMY ALL-AMERICAN BOWL
Scouts Inc. recruiting analysts are in San Antonio this week scouting practices in advance of the U.S. Army All-American Bowl: