Mallett, Galippo impressive in morning session
Here's what we saw from the rest of the West team's morning session:
• QB Ryan Mallett (Texarkana, Texas/Texas) is as good as advertised, if not better, in terms of arm strength. He can put the ball anywhere on the field with tremendous velocity, so much so that receivers here have struggled to catch any pass beyond 15 yards. He needs to take some speed off the ball at times and develop some touch. Considering his arm strength, we're still a bit concerned that his deep ball hangs in the air unnecessarily, though that easily can be corrected.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Sources: Texas' Brown poised to step down
- Pacers shake early deficit to turn down Heat
- Trumbo heads to D-backs in 3-team trade
- Rodgers experiencing pain, status uncertain
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
U.S. ARMY ALL-AMERICAN BOWL
Scouts Inc. recruiting analysts are in San Antonio this week scouting practices in advance of the U.S. Army All-American Bowl: