Acho ready for next challenge
- Sam Acho has had an opportunity to see the world through a different perspective than many teens his age.
His parents were both born and raised in Nigeria before they moved to the states. His father Sonny, a psychotherapist, and his mother Christie, a registered nurse, have been going back to their homeland for years to give out medicine and give leadership training.
Sam began joining them on these missions about three years ago and has found the experience to be an eye-opening one.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Jets release Holmes, create more cap space
- Staying in the nest: Seahawks retain Bennett
- Self 'confident' Embiid will play despite back
- 'Nervous' Bonds back with Giants in new role
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Texas Longhorns #8 Burnt Orange Red River Rivalry Limited Football Jersey