Learning from my dad's NFL experience
- I started playing flag football when I was six and then tackle football when I was seven. My dad coached me for my first three years, which was great, except that all the other parents complained that I got the ball too much. We didn't think so. In fact, he made an effort to give me the ball less than the other kids.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Noah declines to talk about Carmelo 'gossip'
- Duke's Parker hasn't made up mind about draft
- Garcia, again bitten by Blue Monster, takes 9
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
MARC TYLER DIARY
Running back prospect Marc Tyler of Oaks Christian High School in Westlake Village, Calif. will be chronicling his journey down the recruiting trail from now through national signing day in February. Tyler's Scouts Inc. grade of 91 projects him to be a top-five prospect in the ESPN 150 when that list is compiled this summer.
• Recruit Tracker Class of '07 running backs