Receiving tight ends in high demand
- With the increased speed in the game of football, the growing trend in the NFL and college has been the employment of the athletic tight end, meaning pass receiving skills are starting to take precedence over blocking ability. The old cliché that tight ends are strictly offensive tackles with receiving numbers has slowly dissolved. In today's game, there seems to be more receivers caught in tight end numbers.
The 2008 class proves the athletic tight end has transcended to the high school level. The majority of this year's top prospects are more polished entering the collegiate level in the passing game and are integral parts of their high school offenses.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Sources: Lakers not ready to fire D'Antoni
- Rockets turn on burners in 3rd, rout Pacers
- Reports: Saints to release Sproles if no trade
- Source: Jackson 'ready to go back to work'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM