Oklahoma should target '07 QB Chaisson
Of the top 30 quarterback prospects in the country, all but five already have given oral commitments. Florida gunslinger Stephen Garcia (Tampa, Fla./Jefferson) is expected to choose between South Carolina, Florida and Ole Miss, with the Gamecocks being the front-runner. He is the top uncommitted quarterback on the board.
In my opinion, the best bet for Oklahoma -- if it chooses to enter the 2007 quarterback derby -- would be to pursue Joe Chaisson (Beaumont, Texas/Monsignor Kelly Catholic). He is a fantastic athlete who happens to be an excellent passer. Chaisson is just as good under center as he is in the shotgun and is a dangerous dual threat on the perimeter.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Sources: Bulls join Cavs in Love trade push
- Dungy attempts to clarify Sam comments
- Yankees get 3B Headley in trade with Padres
- Johnson at Texans' HQ Monday, sources say
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Schutt Oklahoma Sooners Mini Authentic Football Helmet