Oklahoma should target '07 QB Chaisson
- With the recent dismissal of starting quarterback Rhett Bomar, the Oklahoma Sooners might have to join the recruiting race for a top 2007 quarterback prospect. The problem is, there aren't many left.
Of the top 30 quarterback prospects in the country, all but five already have given oral commitments. Florida gunslinger Stephen Garcia (Tampa, Fla./Jefferson) is expected to choose between South Carolina, Florida and Ole Miss, with the Gamecocks being the front-runner. He is the top uncommitted quarterback on the board.
In my opinion, the best bet for Oklahoma -- if it chooses to enter the 2007 quarterback derby -- would be to pursue Joe Chaisson (Beaumont, Texas/Monsignor Kelly Catholic). He is a fantastic athlete who happens to be an excellent passer. Chaisson is just as good under center as he is in the shotgun and is a dangerous dual threat on the perimeter.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
- Noah, Augustin lead Bulls over Heat in OT
- Keselowski passes Dale Jr., wins Las Vegas
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Oklahoma Sooners Full-Size Autograph Football