Oklahoma should target '07 QB Chaisson
Of the top 30 quarterback prospects in the country, all but five already have given oral commitments. Florida gunslinger Stephen Garcia (Tampa, Fla./Jefferson) is expected to choose between South Carolina, Florida and Ole Miss, with the Gamecocks being the front-runner. He is the top uncommitted quarterback on the board.
In my opinion, the best bet for Oklahoma -- if it chooses to enter the 2007 quarterback derby -- would be to pursue Joe Chaisson (Beaumont, Texas/Monsignor Kelly Catholic). He is a fantastic athlete who happens to be an excellent passer. Chaisson is just as good under center as he is in the shotgun and is a dangerous dual threat on the perimeter.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- NBPA taps 1st big league female union chief
- Sources: Clippers' Griffin has back fracture
- Marlins turn back Nats with 4-run rally in 9th
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Schutt Oklahoma Sooners Mini Authentic Football Helmet