Oklahoma should target '07 QB Chaisson
Of the top 30 quarterback prospects in the country, all but five already have given oral commitments. Florida gunslinger Stephen Garcia (Tampa, Fla./Jefferson) is expected to choose between South Carolina, Florida and Ole Miss, with the Gamecocks being the front-runner. He is the top uncommitted quarterback on the board.
In my opinion, the best bet for Oklahoma -- if it chooses to enter the 2007 quarterback derby -- would be to pursue Joe Chaisson (Beaumont, Texas/Monsignor Kelly Catholic). He is a fantastic athlete who happens to be an excellent passer. Chaisson is just as good under center as he is in the shotgun and is a dangerous dual threat on the perimeter.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Irving torches Blazers for 55, clutch 3 in win
- Grant, Notre Dame outduel Okafor, Duke
- Mavs' Parsons: Harden is MVP at this point
- Serena, Sharapova advance to Aussie final
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Oklahoma Sooners Crimson Football Champions Local Attribute T-shirt