Two Texans highlight down year for defensive ends
- There is no guarantee that every new recruiting year is going to bring a plethora of talent at each position, and defensive end is a good example of this.
The 2007 ESPN 150 had an impressive 20 defensive ends, but as focus turned to the 2008 class, it became evident that this year's end class would not be nearly as strong. And it's not, with only eight end prospects in the ESPN 150. It is also the lowest total in the three year history of the ESPN 150.
While this shows a downward swing in highly rated defensive end prospects, it does not mean the 2008 class is devoid of talent at this position.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
- Mavericks extend Pacers' slide to 4 games
- Keselowski passes Dale Jr., wins Las Vegas
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM