USC jumps to No. 1 after regular signing period
Originally Published: May 16, 2007By Bob Gibbons | Scouts Inc.
- Just when it was conceded that 6-8 power forward Patrick Patterson would join his good friend Jai Lucas at Florida and give the Gators the nation's top recruiting class, Patterson shocked everyone by announcing on the final day of the spring signing period that he was going to Kentucky. What a great beginning for new Wildcats head coach Billy Gillispie. UCLA was the top recruiting program with two or fewer signees. Coach Ben Howland's recruits included the nation's top high school player, 6-9 center/forward Kevin Love (Lake Oswego, Ore.) and top 50 rated wing forward 6-7 Chace Stanback (Los Angeles/Fairfax). In addition to being the best class with two recruits, UCLA would rank among the top 15 recruiting classes overall.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Self 'confident' Embiid will play despite back
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
- Tiger tweaks back, fades with birdie-less 78
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com