Jennings, Knight among best at NBPA Camp
Originally Published: June 23, 2007By John Carroll | Scouts Inc.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. -- The NBPA Top 100 Camp has been a great opportunity to watch and evaluate some of the best high school talent in the nation. Here are my observations after six full games in three days.
• 6-2 point guard and Arizona commit Brandon Jennings (Los Angeles/Oak Hill) is a tremendous talent -- everything he does is effortless. He's as quick as can be with tremendous speed from foul line to line. He has all the moves with the ball, is great with pick and rolls and creates separation with a little pull-back move. He also has great vision with his passing. Jennings needs to improve on the defensive end and tone down his game a little by not forcing the issue sometimes.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
John Carroll joined Scouts Inc. after nine years as an NBA coach, including a seven-year tenure with the Boston Celtics that concluded with a four-month stint as interim head coach in 2003-04. Before joining the NBA, Carroll spent six years as head coach at Duquesne University and seven years at Seton Hall as an assistant to head coach P.J. Carlesimo.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Jackson's book trumpets Jordan over Kobe
- Mario Williams' ex alleges suicide-talk texts
- Crosby has hat trick as Pens up lead on Sens
- Jets' Goodson arrested for drugs, weapons