Texas hooks the Big 12's best class
- Here's a team-by-team breakdown of the recruiting classes in the Big 12. Jackson Jeffcoat (Plano, Texas/Plano West) was a huge in-state land and the nation's best linebacker Jordan Hicks (West Chester, Ohio/Lakota West) was a huge and rare late out-of-state pick-up. In addition to Jeffcoat and Hicks, the class features some strong front seven prospects headlined by four-star DTs Taylor Bible (Denton, Texas/Guyer) and Ashton Dorsey (Tyler, Texas/John Tyler), the No. 2 and 4 ranked DTs in the country. Defensive coordinator Will Muschamp also gained some great secondary depth with a pair of top 10 cornerback prospects. Offensively, the Longhorns added two of the nation's top three receivers in Mike Davis (Dallas/Skyline) and Darius White (Fort Worth, Texas/Dunbar).
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Ex-Iowa player sues over 'rhabdo' injuries
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
SIGNING DAY RECAP
Signing day 2010 was full of surprises. Florida came out on top, with one of the best classes ever assembled. Recruiting home
SIGNING DAY COVERAGE