RB Clay attracting national attention
San Diego star bringing spotlight to West Coast recruits
Originally Published: May 6, 2009By Jc Shurburtt | Scouts Inc.
- It's been a busy time for running back Brennan Clay (San Diego, Calif./Scripps Ranch). Aided by an impressive performance at the Los Angeles Nike Football Training Camp in April, interest in the speedy back has risen during the spring evaluation period."Recruiting has picked up a ton with all of the coaches coming by the school to check up on me," Clay said. "They can't really talk to me, but they are all trying to get that look at me and get the inside scoop from my coaches. I have been focused on school and running track right now, though."[+] EnlargeDanny Moloshok for Scouts Inc.Brennan Clay ran for 1,486 yards and 20 TDs and caught 69 passes for 1,005 yards and six more scores last year.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HEADLINES
- Miami's Knighton out of hospital after falling ill
- Stanford hires Texas' Akina as secondary coach
- Stanford's Shaw opposed to early signing day
- Nebraska, Pelini agree to one-year extension
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com