FIBA U16 Championships postponed
Originally Published: May 4, 2009By HoopGurlz | ESPN.com
- FIBA Americas is expected to announce as early as Monday the postponement of its women's U16 championships because of the outbreak of the H1N1 virus (swine flu). A qualifier for the FIBA U17 World Championships, the tournament will be rescheduled for early August, according to sources familiar with the situation. The event originally was scheduled for June 10-14 in Mexico City, much of which was shut down last week in reaction to the influenza virus that prompted the World Health Organization to raise its pandemic threat level to five on a six-step scale.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Self 'confident' Embiid will play despite back
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
- Tiger tweaks back, fades with birdie-less 78
- Retiring Mendenhall: Tired of life in NFL
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com