Jones, Peekskill headline Slam Dunk Challenge
Originally Published: January 1, 2008Scouts Inc.
- WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The Westchester Slam Dunk Challenge featured eight of the best teams from New York State and was played in the Westcheser Civic Center in White Plains, N.Y. Defending Class A State Champions, Peekskill High School, and its star, Syracuse-bound, Mookie Jones headlined the event. Playing in the championship game against the hometown White Plains and arguably the best unsigned senior in the state, Sean Kilpatrick, Peekskill was able to pull out a 61-54 overtime victory. Sophomore point guard Daquan Brickhouse was the tournament MVP as he scored 14 points in the championship and also hit the game winner for Peekskill in the semi-finals. Mookie Jones struggled in the championship game, but averaged 16 points and 10 rebounds per game in the tournament. Also in the tournament, Stepinac's Tony Taylor (Signed with George Washington) had a 54 point game and scored his 1000th point of his career at the event.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL HEADLINES
- Wichita State reaches 34-0, wins MVC final
- Fond farewell: Terps stun Virginia in ACC finale
- Nebraska upsets ninth-ranked Wisconsin
- Cuse closes regular season with rout of FSU
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com