NC State's Brackman could top 2007 MLB draft board
After giving up basketball to focus on baseball, North Carolina State's Andrew Brackman is at the top of Keith Law's early look at the 2007 MLB draft.
- Editor's note: Scouts Inc.'s Keith Law takes a first look at the 2007 Major League Baseball draft class. He will update this list periodically throughout the season.1. Andrew Brackman, RHPPeyton N. Williams for NC StateAndrew Brackman gave up basketball to focus on his baseball career.
North Carolina State
Scouting report: Easy velocity, good breaking ball and surprisingly good mechanics for such a tall guy. Think Chris Young with better stuff.
2. Matt Harvey, RHP
Fitch High School, Groton, Conn.
Scouting report: Top prep arm in the country, up to 95 mph with a plus change and flashes of an average curveball. Fluid, quick arm action.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE COLLEGE SPORTS HEADLINES
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- NCAA, conferences sued over scholarships
- Gay ND tennis player: Support overwhelming
- BYU's Mahoney tosses no-hitter vs. Nicholls St.
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM