Five observations: Who's starting?
Originally Published: September 30, 2009By John Hollinger | ESPN.com
1. The Blazers want to win the NorthwestAnother reflection of how focused Portland is on the "win the division" message: Surprisingly, the word "Lakers" came up only once. That happened when I asked Rudy Fernandez if he talked to Spanish teammate Pau Gasol about winning the championship when they both were playing in Europe this summer. At that point he couldn't resist the temptation to engage in some intra-Iberian trash talking.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Pacers shake off Knicks to seize series in 6
- Report: Coach K considering Team USA return
- Report: Bobcats out to become 'Hornets' again
- Jackson's book trumpets Jordan over Kobe