Welcome to the mild, mild West
Which teams will stumble into the West playoffs? (PER Diem: March 23, 2012)
Updated: March 23, 2012, 1:46 PM ETBy John Hollinger | ESPN.com
- Getty ImagesWith West contenders like the Clippers slumping, teams like the Suns still have a shot at the playoffs.Remember when being a playoff team in the West meant something? When a 48-win Golden State team was consigned to the lottery? In 2008 and 2010 you had to win at least 50 games just to get a seat at the table. Last year you needed 55 just to have home-court advantage in the first round.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: Jackson 'ready to go back to work'
- Rockets turn on burners in 3rd, rout Pacers
- D'Antoni, Lakers' brass talk state of team
- Noah, Anthony decline to discuss 'gossip'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com