Welcome to the mild, mild West
Which teams will stumble into the West playoffs? (PER Diem: March 23, 2012)
Updated: March 23, 2012, 1:46 PM ETBy John Hollinger | ESPN.com
Getty ImagesWith West contenders like the Clippers slumping, teams like the Suns still have a shot at the playoffs.Remember when being a playoff team in the West meant something? When a 48-win Golden State team was consigned to the lottery? In 2008 and 2010 you had to win at least 50 games just to get a seat at the table. Last year you needed 55 just to have home-court advantage in the first round.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Gasol, Griz overcome Spurs in 3OT thriller
- Sources: Celtics, Mavs talking Rondo trade
- Hawks send Cavaliers to 'embarrassing' loss
- Harden plays spoiler in overtime at Denver
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Starring Woes
- Former running mates LeBron James and Dwyane Wade shared in frustration Wednesday with their teams' plights.