Knicks pick bad time to be frugal
After years of not worrying about money, fit, New York passes on Lin deal
Updated: July 18, 2012, 9:55 AM ETBy John Hollinger | ESPN.com
So let me see if I got this straight: NOW the New York Knicks are worried about financial prudence? Not when Amare Stoudemire signed a five-year, $95 million deal that nobody else was coming close to offering. Not when they burned any chance of a do-over by using the amnesty on Chauncey Billups. Not when they just agreed to spend over $10 million a year on Marcus Camby, Jason Kidd and Raymond Felton, even though none of them were any good last season.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Knicks lose Felton (hamstring) for 2-3 weeks
- Sources: Raptors working on Lowry to Knicks
- MJ's 'flu game' shoes shatter auction record
- Doc wins in return as Clippers top Celtics
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2012 NBA Offseason
- adidas Women's New York Knicks Transparent Logo Royal V-Neck T-Shirt