The year of LeBron
James is the best player since Jordan, as his 2011-12 campaign proves
Not one, not two, not three zero is the number of championships won by LeBron James so far. The East is opening up, but a 2012 title is no forgone conclusion, either.
Despite being able to single-handedly dominate basketball games, James' championship drought leaves his legacy in question.
Still, James is likely to win his third MVP this season, something only the game's greats can lay claim to.* His talents are undeniable. And this year, he's got a very good shot at winning his first ring. But title or not, he's still the best player since Michael Jordan and the numbers clearly show it.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe fires back at Brown's culture remarks
- Nets' Pierce, Garnett top former coach Rivers
- LeBron, Durant early leaders in All-Star voting
- Lakers' Blake (elbow) out at least 6 weeks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2012 NBA Finals
- adidas Kids' Chicago Bulls Primary Logo Red Long Sleeve Shirt