A case for Elton Brand as DPOY
The Philadelphia forward should be among the candidates, believe it or not
Let me ask a simple question:
Why isn't Elton Brand a candidate for defensive player of the year?
I know what you're thinking: Wait, Elton Brand? The guy who makes $17 million to average 11 points per game and has limited mobility? That Elton Brand?
Yes, I'm talking about that Elton Brand, and here's why:
He checks off more boxes on the defensive player of the year rubric than just about any big man in the league.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- LeBron to go back to No. 23 for Cavs return
- Scott not wasting time: Lakers 'must play D'
- Noah: Bulls can defeat 'big obstacle' LeBron
- Love out for Team USA amid uncertain status
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Philadelphia 76ers climalite Navy Performance Polo