How Knicks fit Jackson, Calipari
What hiring either of these big-name coaches would mean for New York
In college basketball, the best athletic directors keep with them a list of the top coaching candidates for their teams so that they are immediately prepared to move if one of their coaches leaves suddenly.
NBA general managers and team owners, however, rarely prepare that way. So we begin the speculation on who will succeed Mike D'Antoni, who resigned from the New York Knicks on Wednesday, with two men who have established iconic brands in their professions.
Is the timing right for Phil Jackson or John Calipari to take the reins of a talented, yet underachieving team like the Knicks? Here's a look at how each coach would fit in.
To read more on how Jackson or Calipari would fit with the Knicks, you must be an Insider.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Blatt: LeBron belongs in MVP convo more
- Irving, James boost Cavs to 7th win in row
- Clippers' Barnes fined, blames Suns owner
- Raps reach prebreak milestone with 30th win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Bulls Sticking With Warriors
- Derrick Rose and the Bulls stand in the way of 20 straight wins at home for the Warriors.