Small trades, big impact
Here are five potential (smaller) deals that could shape the second half of the season
- Scott Cunningham/NBAE/Getty ImagesKirk Hinrich could help solve the Lakers' issues at point guard.
Although much of the focus leading up to the NBA's March 15 trade deadline has focused on Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol, a number of smaller trades could have a big impact on the futures of several teams.
Some trades will help teams make a deep run in the playoffs this season, while others will address longer-term goals such as stockpiling draft picks and ensuring cap flexibility.
Here are five potential smaller deals that could have a big impact:
To read the full article on five small trades that could have a big impact, become an ESPN Insider today.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Noah recruits Melo to join Bulls, sources say
- LeBron may mentor George, gets ceremony OK
- Kings sign ex-Rocket White to 10-day deal
- Pop: In timeouts, I'll say 'I've got nothing'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index