Kevin Garnett's inspired a radical player-evaluation movement in the NBA
REALLY, IT WAS JUST A SMALL THING: During the second quarter of a January game against Orlando, Kevin Garnett pushed Dwight Howard out of the paint. A moment later, as the Magic center reached up to catch an entry pass, Garnett shoved him even farther from the hoop. Howard took two dribbles, got stuck and kicked it out to Hedo Turkoglu. When the forward tried to send it back to his big man, KG knocked the ball away, sprinted down the court, took the pass under the hoop and, as three defenders converged on him, kicked it out to Brandon Bass for a wide-open jumper. Swish.
To read more about how Kevin Garnett inspired a player evaluation revolution in the NBA, become an ESPN Insider today!
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Thunder fire back to rout Lakers in rematch
- Dunleavy, Noah carry Bulls past Rockets
- McHale: Noah is Defensive Player of Year
- Woodson: Jackson would only help Knicks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN The Magazine: March 5, 2012
- adidas Youth Brooklyn Nets Kevin Garnett Replica Revolution 30 White Basketball Jersey