What's wrong with Amare?
Stoudemire's stunning decline on offense should have the Knicks very concerned
- AP Photo/Kathy KmonicekAmare Stoudemire's numbers have dropped off in several key areas this season.
Let's start with this right off the bat:
David Lee, Al Harrington and Anthony Randolph each have better player efficiency ratings than the Knicks' $100 million man, Amare Stoudemire, this season. Yes, Anthony Randolph (15.9 PER) has been more productive with his minutes than Stoudemire (15.7 PER).
The sobering reality in New York is that in just a year's time, Stoudemire has gone from MVP candidate to a league-average player, at least statistically.
So we have to ask:
What happened to Amare Stoudemire?
To read more about why the Knicks should be very worried over Stoudemire's recent play, become an ESPN Insider.
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Knicks, Jackson discussed coaching
- Noah declines to talk about Carmelo 'gossip'
- Spurs breeze past Heat with Duncan in form
- Clippers rout Lakers by record 48
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's New York Knicks Blue On-Court Pants
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index