Stern saves Lakers from themselves
Questionable decision to nix CP3 trade only helps pave way for Dwight Howard to L.A.
Updated: December 8, 2011, 11:36 PM ETBy John Hollinger | ESPN.com
We've long suspected that many of the NBA's owners are only dimly aware of what makes a basketball team successful. Now we have proof. Set aside the league's laughable news release that Chris Paul's trade to the Los Angeles Lakers was blocked "for basketball reasons." I guess David Stern was concerned about Kevin Martin's defensive plus-minus.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Durant lauds LeBron's move, unsure of own
- Boeheim calls Rose 'most impressive' player
- Lakers greats hail 'right guy' Scott as coach
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant #24 Black T-Shirt