Which rooks will rise next season?
Originally Published: April 5, 2013By David Thorpe | Scouts Inc.
- J. Dennis/NBAE/Getty ImagesAndre Drummond has been the best pick of the 2012 NBA draft. Is he ready for the next step?Some players are clearly drafted based on potential and are not yet ready to help a team. But there are also times when a player is ready to help, yet the team is not ready to play the player, perhaps because a stubborn coach trusts only veterans, or because veteran players are ahead of the rookie in the rotation. Either way, rooks who don't put up big numbers are not even remotely doomed to a career of obscurity.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: Jackson 'ready to go back to work'
- Rockets turn on burners in 3rd, rout Pacers
- Sources: Lakers not ready to fire D'Antoni
- Noah, Anthony decline to discuss 'gossip'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com