Rook-soph game: Future All-Stars?
Originally Published: February 15, 2013By David Thorpe | Scouts Inc.
Kim Klement/US Presswire Kyre Irving was the MVP of the Rising Stars Challenge last year. This year, he's a first-time All-Star.The Rising Stars Challenge is fun for fans who like to see players score at will. But it isn't much of a game. The more compelling storyline, to my eyes, is what kind of effect being selected to this game has on the rookies and sophs. Many of them get tricked into thinking this will be the first of many invites to the NBA's most exciting weekend.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Jackson calls Knicks 'not ready for showtime'
- Lakers expect Randle to miss rest of season
- Gasol, Bulls blow out Knicks in Rose's return
- Blazers rally in fourth, beat depleted Thunder
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- All The Buzz
- Fresh off agreeing to an extension, a sleep-deprived Kemba Walker played the hero -- twice -- for the Hornets.