Rookie Watch: Who's on the rise?
Originally Published: January 10, 2013By David Thorpe | Scouts Inc.
- Geoff Burke/USA TODAY SportsBradley Beal has been playing like the No. 3 pick lately, averaging over 18 points per game in January.Forget about the idea of a "rookie wall" as something only rookies have to deal with. Fans, too, need to be reminded that the NBA season is long. Consider this: We are still almost half a year away from the NBA Finals. So, yes, there's still a lot of basketball to be played. While many rookies won't be playing 'til June, the point is that teams take a long-term approach with their young players.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
- Harden scores 41, rallies Rockets for OT win
- Noah, Augustin lead Bulls over Heat in OT
- Meeks erupts for 42 as Lakers stun Thunder
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com