Rookie Watch: Who's on the rise?
Originally Published: January 10, 2013By David Thorpe | Scouts Inc.
Geoff Burke/USA TODAY SportsBradley Beal has been playing like the No. 3 pick lately, averaging over 18 points per game in January.Forget about the idea of a "rookie wall" as something only rookies have to deal with. Fans, too, need to be reminded that the NBA season is long. Consider this: We are still almost half a year away from the NBA Finals. So, yes, there's still a lot of basketball to be played. While many rookies won't be playing 'til June, the point is that teams take a long-term approach with their young players.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Taylor apologizes, will not appeal NBA ban
- LeBron on start: 'I got to do a better job'
- Pelicans' Gordon (shoulder) out indefinitely
- Mavs' Felton inactive in first eligible game
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Exploring 'Black Planet'
- David Shields, author of "Black Planet," talks about the film version.