Rookie Watch: Who's on the rise?
Originally Published: January 10, 2013By David Thorpe | Scouts Inc.
Geoff Burke/USA TODAY SportsBradley Beal has been playing like the No. 3 pick lately, averaging over 18 points per game in January.Forget about the idea of a "rookie wall" as something only rookies have to deal with. Fans, too, need to be reminded that the NBA season is long. Consider this: We are still almost half a year away from the NBA Finals. So, yes, there's still a lot of basketball to be played. While many rookies won't be playing 'til June, the point is that teams take a long-term approach with their young players.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe critical of himself after loss to Raptors
- Sources: Kings to acquire Gay from Raptors
- Celtics slam Knicks in season's biggest rout
- LeBron has 24 as Heat breeze past Pistons
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
The NBA On ESPN.com
- adidas Youth Boston Celtics Jared Sullinger Replica Revolution 30 Kelly Green Basketball Jersey