Can Damian Lillard be a star?
How does Portland's rookie sensation stack up with other young point guards?
Originally Published: December 20, 2012By David Thorpe | Scouts Inc.
Go back through the last five drafts and count the number of impact-level point guards the league has absorbed. The list includes a league MVP, Olympians, guys who played in the NBA Finals, rookies of the year, one of the league's best shooters, a few of its top pure athletes, plus one undrafted sensation that took over the league for a spell: Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, John Wall, Kyrie Irving, Eric Bledsoe, Kemba Walker, Stephen Curry, Jrue Holiday, Brandon Jennings, Ricky Rubio, Jeff Teague, Ty Lawson, Brandon Knight, Jeremy Lin and, yes, James Harden (he is listed as a shooting guard but really plays like a point guard).
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- NBPA elects 1st big league female union chief
- Sources: Clippers' Griffin has back fracture
- Griz remove interim tag from GM Wallace
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Portland Trail Blazers climalite Practice Red T-Shirt