Rookie Watch: Top disappointments
Originally Published: November 23, 2012By David Thorpe | Scouts Inc.
The list of All-Star players who didn't look anything close to an All-Star early in their careers is very long. No one could have projected Dirk Nowitzki's legendary talent when he first plodded up and down the courts in Dallas. Remember how lost Kevin Durant was as a rookie, jacking up shots and forgetting how to rebound after dominating the boards in college? Even great players struggle through the grind of NBA defenses before they figure things out. With that in mind, let's examine a couple of players who have started out slowly, but could ultimately become solid players or more by the time their season ends.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Durant sprains ankle in career-best first half
- It's official: Celtics ship Rondo to Mavericks
- Curry rallies Warriors to win over Thunder
- Carmelo sits, has been advised to rest more
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- KD's Night Cut Short In Loss
- KD hurts ankle